The Our Situation Series
Developments over the last thirty years and longer in the US and around the world are creating a situation that is destructive to humans and the world we live in. We need to take action. But, we need to understand what our situation is before we can take action. The essays in the Our Situation series provide readers with thoroughly researched introductions to key issues.
Go to any of the topics in the drop-down menu to read the postings from the ongoing work.
Included are discussions of the following topics (many forthcoming):
- Free Market (Neoliberal) Ideology – introduction and critique
- US Economy – from free markets to plutocracy
- The American Empire and Security State – scope and costs
- The Family
- Political System – big money – big dysfunction
- Incarcerated America and the War on Drugs